Sunday, October 10, 2010

Pack your bags we are going on a trip


Hillary: I don't even remember what it was I was mad about and I don't care. Whatever it was that you did, I forgive you.
CC Bloom: What I did? You and your lousy letters. Just to get one of them made me special even before I opened it. All your crappy stories, all your big dreams.
Hillary: I didn't know that.
CC Bloom: Well, what the hell did you know? Did you know how bad things were for me? No, because you wouldn't even open my letters. If you had even answered one, just one! Told me what a jerk I was, anything! But you didn't. You took your friendship away without even discussing it with me. So, thank you very much for forgiving me. But I don't forgive you.
Hillary: I was jealous. I was so jealous of you I couldn't see straight! You did everything you said you were going to do, everything! And your talent, this incredible talent! I can't even yodel!
---Beaches---

I always find myself somehow on the end of a phone giving strong advice to weak situations.
Look. People ...dammit..you know what they are going to hurt you. They just are. They are going to make you cry and make you wonder and make you lay awake in bed asking yourself why...
what did i do. And maybe you know what you did, if that's you then your lucky. But most of the time your left holding a brown paper bag that the bottom has fallen out of and you have nothing left but for some reason you cant let go of the bag, cause it all you have left.
We love to pack our bags and go on guilt trips. For crimes we may or may not have committed.
All betrayal of any kind begins with trust. At some point you decided to trust somebody with a part of you, and a piece of your heart. You let somebody in.
All i can say is that we take chances, and some times you know we lose. We cant possibly know all the whys.
From experience we like to blame ourselves first. But my experience has also taught me it usually IS them and not you.
People can be thief's. They come and bring us some our greatest joys and leave us in some of our most blinding pain. When you give yourself its all sorts of scary what can happen when you find yourself suddenly alone carrying your whole relationship or sometimes your life in a suitcase.
You have to know that you are going to hurt. and then your going to kind of go into a mode where your numb, and eventually the wind blows and life heads you off onto another path, and there are more people and the cycle begins anew.
Own what part of the story is really yours. And the rest you have to file it away for another day.
I would be dead of a broken heart right now if i didn't do those things.
I didn't always lean to the Lord for my strength, for many years when i had fallen into shadow i just leaned on myself, and i learned the hard way that try as you might , you cant please everybody.
People either come with us on our journey or they stop somewhere and wave goodbye while we keep on going.
It doesn't mean anything except it is a volume in our library that we finally have a title for and know where to put it.
And sometimes the path winds around back onto itself and we meet that person again and hope springs anew..but even that has its own pain, for we can never step into the same river twice.
After finding my friend umm..we will call him comic book hero...after a decade of being apart i found my heart racing ecstatic, but as time has gone on i feel the weight of the years and all the love is still there but its almost too much for me to handle. In his presence i am overtaken with a kindred spirit and friendship...in some other life i think he was probably a sibling of mine :)..but he is married now and has a life and well although what we share is so Innocent i know the world nor his wife could handle it. So now i watch from a distance for the most part, but in my heart you know it doesn't matter where we are today, it doesn't diminish the flame of light he brought into my life during the time we were in each others daily life. It just means we are on other paths now. And i love him now as i did then, but we both know somehow its never going to be the same.
There are some people who just come into your life for a short while and they serve that purpose and then they have to go. Rarely is it a clean break. Nothing deep ever is.
So then where do you go from that moment..the moment where u know its over and u gotta pack that bag. I think maybe you just start walking ...

What did i learn today?Who invented bowling?
It appears the ancient Egyptians invented the sport of tossing a ball down an alley and listening to the oddly satisfying crash of pins. Archaeologist Sir Flinders Petrie discovered bowling balls and pins in the grave of an Egyptian child from 5200 BC. This seems to be the oldest evidence of the sport and a likely origin, although German historian William Pehle claims the sport originated in his country around 300 AD.
So know we know....
Goodnight
s.o.t.d.
Finally, brothers, rejoice. Be restored, be encouraged, be of the same mind, be at peace, and the God of love and peace will be with you.
2 Corinthians 13:11

No comments:

Post a Comment