Sunday, October 3, 2010

Leave your lights on




Leave your lights on,
you better leave you lights on
'Cause there's a monster,
living under my bed,
whispering in my ear
And there's an angel,
with a hand on my head
She say I got nothing to fear
(Santana)
Woke up this morning with my throat feeling terrible...I contemplated not going to church this morning...i lingered around in my pajamas till i could not ignore something in the universe pushing me to go..so i took the girls who were the only ones well enough to go and off we went.
what a word there was for me when i got there. Sometimes we have to go back to the classroom to hear a word from the teacher.
I find myself worried sometimes that i offend others with my love of the Lord or that people will become annoyed with me and my projects...stuff like my 545 project. Or any other number of things i do. I don't want people thinking i do this stuff to "show off" . That is a huge fear i have because truthfully it is not why i do it, but with the advent of face book and other social networking, we have never been more involved with other peoples lives than we are now. Its a window we peer through when we feel like peeking in. I have quoted many times the quote "sometimes your life might be the only bible other people read". Well the good word today was exactly that. How we have to shine our lights so that others may see. We are not supposed to just go to service on Sunday hang with other like minded people and sing and worship..we are also SUPPOSED to leave church and go out into the world and i quote from this morning" into all the dark places and shine". Hmm didn't i just talk about being in dark places in last nights blog. He spoke of Matthew 5 verse 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
He spoke of how we need to see why we are usually NOT surrounded by lots of other believers but by people who could use seeing your good works that they may say to themselves "i love that and want to be a part of that" . How others may not have anything else in their life that they can associate with how good God really is except for what they see you do. We who have lights need to leave them on ...not cover them up.
As if that were not enough i then pick up The Pillow from Sunday school and she hands me a paper dripping with paint and it said Forgive others, and her lesson was how God can help you with forgiveness! Umm ok God wink? Last nights blog yet again. I think so. If you have the chance i highly recommend reading when God winks
When God Winks at You: How God Speaks Directly to You Through the Power of Coincidence
http://www.amazon.com/When-God-Winks-You-Coincidence/dp/B001AQY068
Sometimes we need that reaffirmation. We need to know that what we are doing IS what we should be doing. I shouldn't feel self conscious i should feel empowered to show others my light.
We love to second guess ourselves. Rather than be confident we shrink before peer pressure to not go over whatever level is acceptable to the social masses.
I think most of us without knowing it want to FEEL ...want a sign to KNOW that whatever we are doing, our decisions our choices ..are the right things. We want them to be our path our destiny we don't want them to be a mistake or a bad choice. I have prayed about things before and have not got the answer i was searching for , and then wham, God will wink at me and somehow i know that he IS talking directly at me. Coincidence? Maybe..BUT i feel somehow reassured all the same.
What i learned today ....the oldest candy bar still being produced is....
Although Hershey Chocolate Bars are the oldest chocolate bars still being produced, the Squirrel Nut Chew, a nut nougat, first produced in 1888 by Squirrel Brand Co., surpasses the Hershey Bar when it comes to the oldest mass produced candy still in existence in the United States.
After the Squirrel Nut Chew, now produced by NECCO, the tri-colored Neapolitan Coconut Slice, first produced in 1894 by Friesinger's Candies, is the longest surviving candy bar in the United States. While the Squirrel Nut Chew and Neapolitan Coconut Slice are not found everywhere, many small candy shops sell these delicious products and they are both available online.
So now i know
s.o.t.d.
But the path of the just as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day. Proverbs 4:18

No comments:

Post a Comment