Monday, September 20, 2010

To be unique is to be alone


Skin the sun
Fall asleep
Wish away
The soul is cheap
Lesson learned
Wish me luck
Soothe the burn
Wake me up

I'm not like them
But I can pretend
The sun is gone
But I have a light
(Dumb lyrics Nirvana)

If you want to know how i do it all i don't have the answer. No i mean i really don't have the answer.
There is a part of me that functions without my consent. And i am blessed for that.
What did i learn today , well considering my son is obsessed with Thomas the tank engine i always see that the creator is someone by the name of Rev. W. Awdry...who is that exactly?? It peaked my interest so i looked it up and now i know..
Wilbert Vere Awdry, OBE, (15 June 1911 – 21 March 1997), was an English clergyman, railway enthusiast and children's author, better known as the Reverend W. Awdry and creator of Thomas the Tank Engine. The characters that would make Awdry famous, and the first stories featuring them, were invented in 1943 to amuse his son Christopher during a bout of measles. After Awdry wrote The Three Railway Engines, he built Christopher a model of Edward, and some wagons and coaches, out of a broomstick and scraps of wood.[4] Christopher also wanted a model of Gordon; however, as that was too difficult Awdry made a model of a little 0-6-0 tank engine. Awdry said: "The natural name was Thomas – Thomas the Tank Engine".[4] Then Christopher requested stories about Thomas and these duly followed and were published in the famous book Thomas the Tank Engine, released in 1946......
So now i know...:) and knowing is half the battle ..i think.
I learned something else today or rather i heard something that i only wish i could blog about and i guess i could but alas some things we have to burn for fuel on our journey.
I am a rocket ship. Or at least i aspire to be as cool as the one on my fridge that one of my kids drew many moons ago....
Am i cool? Doubtful
But unique is probably the word i am looking for. I only wish sometimes that to be exemplary or unique did not also equal to be mostly alone....i truly feel that way.
Echo Test for Echo is there anybody out there. sigh.
Is there anybody out there for me or did all my joy go when she moved to the pines where the coffee is good and rain is plentiful. Maybe ill buy an extra umbrella and mail it to her.
Sometimes just knowing we share the same sky has to be enough i guess....
But praise be to God to have something so wonderful that i miss it so much.
Goodnight
s.o.t.d.
Jesus said, “If your first concern is to look after yourself, you’ll never find yourself. But if you forget about yourself and look to me, you’ll find both yourself and me.”
Matthew 10:39

No comments:

Post a Comment