Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The pursuit of happYness...


The pursuit of happYness...
Christopher: Hey dad, you wanna hear something funny? There was a man who was drowning, and a boat came, and the man on the boat said "Do you need help?" and the man said "God will save me". Then another boat came and he tried to help him, but he said "God will save me", then he drowned and went to Heaven. Then the man told God, "God, why didn't you save me?" and God said "I sent you two boats, you dummy!"


Be careful what it is you are chasing after...at the end of ones life i believe that what we have spent our days in pursuit of is the life we will have to look back on. Make sure you have something worthwhile to reflect on.
I am not my car, i am not my weight, i am not the music i listen to or the clothing i wear. I have a soul i have a fabric i am made of and its not material its ethereal.
Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character.
God sends us boats but we are so busy waiting on that next thing we let it pass us by because we are waiting on a carnival cruise ship not a rowboat.
well it is late and rest awaits.....but before i go..
What i learned today....... is in regards to the book and movie
Why is the word 'Happyness' spelled with a 'y' instead of an 'i'

Chris also spelled the word 'Happyness' this way for the book's title. In a radio interview with KPFA 94.1 fm, Berkeley, stock broker Chris Gardner explained his spelling choice
by saying the following, "There was a place once in Oakland [Ca] near the MacArthur Park station that became very, very, very important to my son and I at the most challenging stage of our journey, and they spelled happyness with a 'y' and that's why it's spelled that way... It's personal [the spelling]. It's definitely personal. ...That particular place was a day-care center, and at this point in my life just getting my son into a day-care center was a major, major, major challenge and I had to learn about the food chain of day-care in our country.
The top of that food chain is the au pair or 'the nanny' who is there 24/7 365 with your child. Then there's the licensed registered day-care center followed by the dependable babysitter, and at the bottom of that is something called a woman who keeps kids. Okay, she's not licensed, she's not registered, but she provided a service ...that for myself and a lot of other folks, for were she not there, we could not have gone to work. So a step up for me from a woman who keeps kids, a couple of steps up, was a place called Happyness, that day-care center."
And there we have it and now i know...
s.o.t.d.
For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. Ephesians 2:10

No comments:

Post a Comment