Thursday, September 9, 2010

Give to all who ask


Happiness is the consequence of personal effort. You fight for it, strive for it, insist upon it, and sometimes even travel around the world looking for it. You have to participate relentlessly in the manifestations of your own blessings. And once you have achieved a state of happiness, you must never become lax about maintaining it..."
— Elizabeth Gilbert Eat Pray love

I spent 45 minutes on the elliptical in deep thought...all of life is an art, of letting go and holding on. They dance with each other in perfect time synchronicity of the the most devine sorts....
I end most nights with a cup of orange tea if for no other reason than it being subliminal its time to go to bed signal, i used to set my imaginary bedtime by the backyard sprinklers going off till i ran one of them over with the lawnmower....
I continue to search for things i can feel, to feel alive, to follow the purpose and to obey. I did stop the other day and meet Jay Wilson a homeless man who stands at the exit of sams club almost every day. He seemed taken aback when i extended my hand and asked his name. The Bible tells us Give to everyone who asks you Luke 6:30 >> I had a vision of making a card board sign that read " I am not homeless but Jay Wilson is God loves a cheerful giver wont you please help him" with a big arrow pointing at him, i ran that idea by Mark who said he doesn't like the thought of me standing out in the heat with a homeless man ...well it was a thought anyways . Yeah i know people tell me alot that i am nuts or something of the equivalent.
I know that mans name now, how can i pass him by and not give to him...
The thing i need to say tonight is that you need to WANT to be moved. What i do all day and everyday is not about me. Its about what God has put in me. I want to glorify his amazing grace . God is glorified when he is seen. I maintain who i am , my happiness and my love by doing what God put me here to do. To love deeply.
s.o.t.d
But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks intently at his natural face in a mirror. For he looks at himself and goes away and at once forgets what he was like. But the one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perseveres, being no hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, he will be blessed in his doing.
—James 1:22-25

No comments:

Post a Comment